Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Revelatory Dreams

I had a crazy dream last night. 

In it, I dreamt that I was a detective of sorts, and I was trying to figure out what kept happening to people left and right of me that were dying. I wanted to figure out the scheme and save everyone. Then, all of a sudden, the killer was in front of me. All of those signs were for me, that I was going to die. It was very real, the kind of dream that makes you toss and turn and cringe. I had a chance to say goodbye to my family before he took me outside to do the deed. When faced with the imminence of death, I thought not of my job, not of yoga, not of my house or the mountains. I thought only of the people closest to me. 
I gave my little brother a huge hug, something that rarely happens because we live so far apart and have had a tough time connecting, and cried and told him how much I love him because I do. I hugged my father and my mother, which was insanely difficult even in my dream to imagine being without them. To really say goodbye. And then I was let outside the house to end my life. 

And then I woke up. 


Dreams can show a lot and remind us of what we are missing. It can also show what has been on your mind, in your subconscious, and what is on the backburner. It was interesting to wake up really FEELING this dream and remembering that there is so much more to life than doing well at work, staying fit, and ambition for further accomplishments. 

It is in the simplicity of being with your family and loved ones. It is about the people and community and love.




No comments:

Post a Comment