Monday, August 15, 2011

Down in the Valley

I have found myself back in the swannanoa valley, North Carolina and wondering what the hell just happened! It has been 3 years since I have seen these mountains, coffee shops, mountain bikes... and it feels like I have spent a lifetime and no time at all now that I am back. Asheville has some great new scenes that I have witnessed thus far including; an awesome bar in the River Arts district that has a huge backyard on the French Broad River with delicious beer, and the Asheville Community Yoga Center. All classes (and there are many with all types) are donation based that goes right back to the studio. Michael is the owner, a very enthusiastic yogi about not paying for yoga and that his studio is doing very well and looking to expand. My thought is that they should be paying the instructors a bit, but it is nice that the students do not have to pay if they cannot. Beautiful space to practice.
I had the physical trainer here look at my knee, which he proceeded to put pressure on my knee and make me push up or down left or right. I could not do it with my left leg, but my right could. However, when he pressed down on certain points in my belly it was like magic and my leg could do whatever! More updates about how this process goes, pretty amazing stuff.

It has been thunderstorms every afternoon. Very different weather than Berkeley.
I have also been hanging out with a dear friend who graduated WWC last year, and she is leaving today. So grateful to have had that while I am back in a new place trying to plant my feet down.

Tip of the day: Go take a dip into a river.

No comments:

Post a Comment