Sunday, November 20, 2011

Like a Fish

This week has proved to be a lot of work. End of the semester and a few projects are waiting to be finished. However, I worked out every day this week and it makes an incredible difference. Maybe I'm a little bit of an adrenaline junkie, but after a day of sitting at work and in class, and stress surmounts here and there, there is nothing better than running or going to the gym to release all of that. I also did a wonderful yoga class with a new yoga teacher on campus, and I am so happy that she will be teaching every Thursday. She follows Rod Stryker's Para Yoga, but definitely diverges into a few other styles, which I appreciate. If it was not for yoga and meditation, I do not know where my mind would be.
Thanksgiving is this week, and it is my favorite holiday to celebrate. I love my family, and cooking with them and watching movies is the most relaxing and fulfilling event. As is the pumpkin pie and turkey. I am so grateful that I can spend the holiday with my family this year, seeing as the last few years California was too far to fly home for it. I love my classes at school. I look forward to doing my homework on the plane, as nerdy as that sounds.
I also learned swimming techniques today from a friend, and it was so much fun to hang out in the water and learn the correct ( I was WAY off) way to swim. Not easy, but will be good rehab for my knee and shoulder after knocking both of those out of place this soccer season. Below: Dinner with the soccer girls at our banquet. Cute picture, love them!

Tip of the Day: Be like a fish. Go for a swim and drink a lot of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment