Sunday, November 13, 2011

Once in while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

It has been an interesting week for sure. I came to a realization about my column at the school newspaper. It is too event focused, and not expository enough about the energy on campus. I'll be working on that this week. I also planned an event at UNC Asheville and it totally flopped. There was a huge basketball game, and the only people that came were my four friends. I felt horrible because my friend from the yoga training this summer drove from Norfolk, VA (seven hour drive) to be there for the event. She was chill about the situation, and said her fundraising journey for the Seva organization has been full of ups and downs. However, the support of my friends driving over there was incredible. I am so grateful to have such wonderful people in my life. We ended up having a great time, and they all donated some money to her cause.
I also came down with a stomach virus Wednesday night, and was bedridden Thursday and most of Friday. I freaked out that I couldn't go to work and class, and then realized this was a blessing too. I have been stressing out like a madwoman for the past few weeks with organizing events, school, relationships. I NEEDED a rest, to slow down, take a chill pill (or, in this case, pepto bismol and advil). I cut out alcohol and coffee, unhealthy food, and slept a lot. Thank you, stomach virus. You did make me feel awful, but I learned my lesson.
Model in the shot below: My friend Alex left this picture for me on my computer. She is wearing my sunglasses. Hilarious.

Tip of the Week: Get sick and make sure your work flubs (ha, just kidding). Instead, when you get upset, try to see the lesson of the situation. And then smile laugh. A lot.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are back on the path. Sometimes you just have to keep on truckin. Love you.

    ReplyDelete