Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions- but really?

The current issue of Yoga Journal peaked my interest. Instead of reading the suggestions for a healthier you and saying "Yeah, I know about that", I actually took charge and completed the prompts. Elena Brower suggested writing out all your doubts. This was an interesting concept because I was always told not to write down doubts because you are putting it out into the universe and it could come true. But there is a flip side to that. What if you are ignoring your doubts, ignoring the shadow part of your self? Intrigued, I wrote down my list of fears. Then, taking the man who made Lululemon's advice, I wrote down all my intentions. Interesting enough, my goals are my fears. This reminds me of the quote by Marianne Williamson:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?"


This year I am making resolutions that I have mapped out to attain. What are you doing? And are you truly believing in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment