Monday, December 12, 2011

4 Months of Writing for the Media...

Walking back on the Warren Wilson campus in August swept me into a whirlwind of memories and anticipation. It has been three years since I have been a full time student and writing was a distant thought while I lived in Berkeley. I came back to college with the intention of graduating quickly to write for Yoga Journal. Instead, I rediscovered my love for writing. My ideas expanded beyond writing wellness columns to writing short stories and poems. I realized there is more to my writing than wellness and yoga, and I found courage to move beyond magazine columns. I have also improved in grammar and structuring articles. I have learned to cut out unnecessary words and descriptors that detract from the focus of the piece. I loved recording my writing, and hearing it on the radio. Philip has invited me to write some more pieces for the Swannanoa Journal. My writing has also embraced a fluidity that improves my style. Overall, my style and courage in writing has improved the most. The grammar was a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment